Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Long Overdue

I find myself not blogging as much, and for that I am disappointed.  I started this blog so I could keep up with Bennett's growth and developements and I have been slack.  Life gets really busy and things like this blog get pushed to the way side.  But here we are, another update on my big man!

In 2 weeks Bennett will be turning 2!!!!  My little baby is growing into the most handsome, kindest, smartest 2 year old!!  He has the best little personality and this Mommy is proud!!  Even when he throws a tantrum, I'm proud of him and what he is becomming. 

He still has a great appeitite for food and will eat all day long if you let him.  He sleeps very well at night now and only has a bad night every now and then when he's sick or teething.  I'm so thankful we have finally reached a time where he's sleeping good consitantly!!  :)  Makes for a much happier Mommy and therefore a  happier family.  :)  Our daily routines (at 2 years):

During the week:
6:30- Wake up time for Bennett.  Most mornings we have to wake him up, something which he normally does not want to do.  Jason goes up there and gets him and brings him down to change his diaper and get him some milk.  While he's doing that, I'm cooking our "pop pop", AKA toast, so that we can have breakfast before we leave.  (Bennett gets a second breakfast at Mrs. Bertha's, but I have to share my pop pop with him.)  :)
6:55- On good days, we are heading out the door.  Most days I'm running a few minutes behind, especially when I have to bundle him up good to stay warm during cold weather.
7:00- dropping him off at Mrs. Bertha's for the day.
4:30/5:00- Mommy picks him up and we are HOME!!  The best part of the day!  Daddy gets home around 5:30 (sometimes a little later depending on how busy he is at work). 
6:00-6:30- Dinner time!!
7:00- Play time!  Now that the weather is nice and warm, we take him outside so he can run around.  Yay for warm weather!!
7:30/7:45- Bath time!  Time to get that stinker all clean and ready for bed!!  We do bathe him every night, just because I think he'll sleep better when he's freshly clean!!  After bath he drinks his milk and I brush his teeth while Jason is dressing him.
8:15/8:30- Bed time!  Sometimes it's later (or earlier)- just depends on how tired he is.

On the weekends: It's pretty much the same except we let Bennett wake up on his own.  He usually wakes up at 7:00/7:15 no matter what time he goes to bed.  We cook breakfast after he wakes up (which is usually pigs in a blanket and scrambled eggs- his favorite) and we either head outside to run errands or do something fun, or stay in and relax some!  Just depends on what we need to do.  Then we eat lunch and Bennett usuaully goes down for a good 2-3 hour nap after that.  Usually we take a little nap too!!  :)  Then it's dinner time, more play time, bath time and then bed time!! 

Bennett is getting so smart and is turning into the biggest helper!  He loves to help us do anything- from vacumming to helping us put on our shoes to holding the glass while we fill it with water, etc etc.  It's the cutest thing.  If he sees a pair of shoes laying around, he will take the pair to the person they belong to so he can put them on us.  I love involving him in everday little things like that!  One day I changed his diaper in the living room.  The dirty diaper was wrapped up and I had laid it on the floor.  Bennett found it after I had changed him, picked it up and walked to our bedroom to put it in the diaper genie!!  He'll also pick up any type of speck of dirt on the floor and walk to the trash can to throw it away!  :)  I think we might have a neat freak on our hands!!  :)  If I get the dust buster out to use it, he immediatly runs to me and takes it away and starts "cleaning" the floors.  :)  He's also helped me push the vacuum around.  He's Mommy's big helper!  I love him so much.

His speech has really blossomed over the last couple of weeks.  He's now repeating words and his vocabulary is getting better and better.  There are some words that we still can't understand, but most of the time he speaks clear enough to get it. 

He LOVES Buzz Lightyear!!  He loves to watch Toy Story so that means Jason and I have memorized all the words now.  :)  We try to limit his TV intake, but we do let him watch a little bit of TV before bed because that seems to calm him down and sit still long enough to realize that he is tired. 

I can't believe he will be turning 2.  Time is just passing so fast now!!  April is a busy month for us- Easter, 2 year pics with Amanda Joy, Bennett's birthday, and then his birthday party at the end of the month.  Speaking of his pictures, we are taking them this Saturday at the Irmo Town Park.  I've very excited!!  Hope Bennett has fun and we get some good pictures!!  I'll be sure to share them when I get them!!

That's it in a nutshell.  Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment