Thursday, December 2, 2010

Not that I'm bragging or anything.....

In the past 7 months, I have noticed how much my husband really does for me.  Not that I didn't notice before, but with a child there's so much more that has to be done and I see it every day.  I am so fortunate to have a partner that is willing to do a lot of things other husbands wouldn't even consider doing.  So here's my bragging list:

1. He supported me at the hospital while Bennett was in the NICU and I was trying to breastfeed.  The breastfeeding part was hard enough but on top of that we had to deal with a son who was in the NICU and couldn't leave.  Since I was still hooked up to my IV and cathater, he packed up everything we needed to take for our trips to the NICU without hesitation.  Mind you, we were taking 5-6 trips down there for 4 days- that's a lot of packing. 

2. He washes the bottles and breastpump every day and gets Bennett's bottles ready and my pump stuff ready and in the cars.  He also keeps Bennett's humidifier full of water each night and cleans it when it's time. 

3. He does not complain if he has to stop by the grocery store to pick something up for dinner- he's always more than welcome to do that for me.  Seeing how I hate the grocery store, I am so thankful he is willing to do this.  And he would take multiple trips to the store if we needed it.

4. He takes out the trash once a week for pick up.  I hate dealing with the trash.

5. He loves changing Benett's diapers- even the stinky ones.  :) 

6.  Once I give Bennett his bath each night, Jason takes over and dries him, puts on his lotion, puts the diaper on and dresses him.  And he does it in such a loving and fun way! 

7. He mows the grass in the summer and then weedeats to make it look all nice and pretty.  :)

8.  He changes the oil in my car.  And when my tire was leaking air, he made sure that air was pumped in there just about every other day. 

9. He will actually do the dishes.  Not just emptying the dishwasher but putting the dirty ones in there once it's unloaded.

10.  He does ALL the laundry EVERY single week.  From putting the clothes in the washer to hanging the clothes up and putting them away when they are done.  I don't know very many men who do that.

11. He absolutely LOVES Bennett and is such a wonderful hands on father!  I couldn't ask for more than that for Bennett. 

12.  He goes to work every day to provide for us.  Most days just getting to work is hard! 

13. There aren't many times when he's in a bad mood.  He's usually joking around and cutting up trying to get me in a better mood.  :)

14. When Bennett is getting his diaper changed or getting dressed he tends to get annoyed.  But singing Old McDonald gets his attention and keeps his mind off of what we have to do.  Jason does the animals noises perfectly and Bennett laughs each time! I think I enjoy hearing him sing it more than Bennett though.  :)

14.  He doesn't mind decorating for Christmas.  He's actually better at it than I am.  He had the garland strung around the banister Tuesday while he was off work.  And had the tree and garland lights hooked up to a remote control!!  He's awesome!

Those are just a few of the many things he does for me and Bennett.  I know what you're probably thinking- you're probably thinking what the heck I do around the house.  ;)  Well, I'm wondering that myself......

On a side note, Bennett has changed so much the past few weeks.  He has become very observant of the things around him and wants to touch and feel everything.  He's got a wheel on his exersaucer and today I noticed he was actually using his fingers to move it round and round.  I was very impressed.

Our neighbors, Mrs. Debbie and Mr. Wayne, gave us a fabric Christmas calendar.  Each day you take the object (i.e. a tree, star, person, house) and velcro it up on the Christmas scene.  Yesterday Bennett and I put a house on there.  Today we will have something else to add.  I think it's the actual one she used with her children.  I was so touched that she gave that to us.  What a great tradition we can start doing!!!

I'm taking Bennett to the doctor tomorrow.  He's had a bad cough for the past week and I've heard of 2 children in the last week that have had the croup.  I just want to get him checked out and make sure it doesn't get any worse.  And plus we'll get to see how much he weighs.  Jason guesses 20 pounds.  Can't wait to see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment