Sunday, January 23, 2011

9 months Already!!

Yesterday Bennett turned 9 months.  I can't believe he's now the same age for as long as I carried him!!  I know I say this every month, but time is just flying by!  Last night I kept thinking back to the day I went into labor.  I will never forget that night and early morning.  I was blessed to have a good labor that ended with our little blessing!!  He truly is the most beautiful being I have ever seen.  I love him to pieces and so does his Daddy!  Here are a few things he is now doing at 9 months:

He's starting to pull up on things.  He has to first get on his knees and get used to that before getting on his feet. He loves to pull up on his Incrediblock and play with that. 

He loves to explore everything!  He scoots around really good and since our living room is pretty much wide open, we let him go.  Of course we are there watching him making sure he doesn't get into anything he's not supposed to, but he loves to get around now!  He does the cutest thing when he's on his stomach.  He'll sway from side to side like he's dancing.  Even the ladies at Mrs. Bertha tell us they get a kick out of that!  It's so cute!!

He's still very observant.  I've had a few people comment on how he really watches things, not just looks but really studies what he's looking at.  You can tell the wheels are turning with every new things he sees.

He's very much a people person.  He'll go to just about anyone without fussing.  We went to a birthday party last week and he was passed around from person to person and he was ok with that.  Of course I had my eye on him the whole time!

He's still a very good eater and is not picky at all.  I don't think I've every put anything in his mouth he doesn't like.  He even eats prunes!!  :)  We've got him on a pretty good schedule now.  It took a while to really figure out what was best for him but I think we finally found one.  He usually has a bottle at Mrs. Bertha's around 4:00 so I'll give him more milk at 7:00.  Then at around 8:30 we'll give him some cereal mixed with oatmeal.  He gobbles that right up!  We'll end the night with a nice warm bath, which he loves and then give him as much milk as he wants right before bed.  He's usually down for the night between 9:30 and 10:00.

I'm still nursing.  There have been a couple times when I thought I wanted to quit but I can't seem to give that up yet.  I love nursing him.  I worked so hard to actually get to the point where nursing was easy, and now I don't want to give it up.  I am so glad nursing Bennett was a success because I think he will definitely benefit from it.

He's still not sleeping through the night yet.  He usually gets up twice.  Here lately he's been waking up around midnight and I'll soothe him back to sleep without any trouble.  Not sure what that's about but hopefully it's just a phase.  I'm truly not going to know what to do when the day comes when he sleeps all night.  By that time he'll have a little brother or sister and I'll have to start all over again.  ;)  I can honestly say the 9 month growth spurt has been the worst so far.  It lasted for at least 3 weeks.  He was getting up every hour and a half at night!!  Talk about wearing a mommy out!!  He was also extra fussy at night and just did not want to sleep.  Glad we made it though that one though!!  It was pretty rough!

He loves his snacks.  We bought him some puffs and some peach yogurt melts.  They are kinda small so he hasn't quite figured out how to get them in his mouth when he's got his whole hand around them. He also likes bread.  We've given him a couple of people food and bread seems to be his favorite.  He ate some cornbread tonight and loved it!  It's so fun to watch him try new things!!

No teeth yet!  :)  I was 9 months before I got any teeth so I guess he's taking after me in that department.  But he's getting more and more hair.  I think he's going to have thick hair like his Dad.  :)

Monday we have his 9 month check up with Dr. Delaney.  Can't wait to see how much he weighs and how long he is now.  He's gotten so big!  Jason guesses he weighs 25 pounds.  I know he weighs at least that, if not more.  I'll update the blog after his appointment on Monday.  And now I'll leave with you a few pictures.  It's getting harder and harder to take these chair pictures.  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment