Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Favorite Moment

The days are long and harder now.  Night time is Bennett's fussy time and he is still waking once or twice a night and I'm at work between 7 and 7:30 every morning and work til 4:30 or 5:00.  The nights aren't relaxing like they used to be, where I could just come home and kick my shoes off and put my feet up.  Now they entail making sure Bennett is fed and we are fed, giving him a bath, playing with him to keep him entertained until bedtime, giving him his last bottle of the night and then putting him to sleep.  Sometimes putting him to sleep is easier than other times.  He fights sleep some nights, which makes it exhausting.  But don't think I do that all by myself.  Jason is here and helps out tremendously but it gets exhausting to say the least.  But the prize comes at the very end!  There is nothing better than looking down at my son who is asleep in my arms, who has a full little belly and is smelling all clean from his bath.  That is the most beautiful site- his long beautiful eyelashes and cute little nose.  Just knowing he is relaxed and sleeping and hopefully having sweet dreams is the best feeling.  I know some parents seem to think that putting their kids down awake and letting them fall asleep on their own is the best thing to do, but I, on the other hand, enjoy those last few moments with him before bedtime, when he is sleeping peacefully in my arms.  That's when I get the best kisses.  I could look at him forever like that!  And I know one day he will want to go to bed on his own and not need me.  But for now, I'm going to enjoy those last few sweet moments with him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment