Monday, June 6, 2011

Step by Step

So tonight we saw Bennett take steps all by himself!!  He's been so close for such a long time and we finally caught him!!!  The other day he took 2 side steps.  :)  Wish I had it on video so I could share it but unfortunately Mommy was not ready.  It won't be long now before he's walking like a champ!!

He ate shrimp tonight for the first time and he seemed to like it ok.  He ate 2 or 3 pieces of it without spitting it back out!  :)  He also ate some broccoli and didn't make a funny face like I expected.  I'm trying to branch out and give him different stuff besides the stuff I know he loves.  In a couple of weeks he'll be 14 months!!

Here's an update on Mommy and Daddy:
I'm still working full time at Dr. Markowitz office.  I work in the lab drawing blood and then run the tests on it.  I also call patients back with their tests results and update prescriptions if they need it, depending on how their tests turn out!  :)  I've been there for 3 years now and it's been a good job.  We are currently being acquired by Palmetto Health, so I'm expecting some changes around the office.  Hopefully it won't be too drastic!!  I work pretty good hours- some weeks I get in early at 7:00 and other weeks I'm there at 7:30.  Monday through Thursday I work til 4:30 or 5:00 so that on Friday I can leave by lunch time.  I love having Friday afternoons off- it gets the weekend started early!!

Daddy works at Jarden, formerly known as Shakespeare.  He's been there for 6 years!!  He's been in a few positions there but right now he's a process engineer in the Military Antenna department.

We live in Lexington, SC in the town limits.  I love our home, it's so comfy and I just love it.  I'm so glad Bennett has the opportunity to grow up in this house, in this city.  I LOVE Lexington!!  We are so close to lots of stuff- WalMart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, TJ Maxx, Kohls, Ross, KMart, lots of restaurants and just 10 minutes from Harbison, where there's a mall and tons of other shops.  We are close to downtown so if we wanted to go down there, it's not far.  We are in the middle of SC so that means we are a short distance from the mountains and the beach.  I love the cul de sac we live in, we've got great neighbors!!  Bennett is zoned for a very good elementary school that is just 1 minute away.  And there are many preschool programs around that are great!  I guess I'm going to have to start thinking about that in just a couple of years!!

We currently aren't a member of a church family.  We are trying to find one that fits our likings so we have visited a few around.  My hope is to find one that we can grow with so that Bennett can have strong faith as he grows up.

Jason and I are getting ready to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary!!!  6 whole years!!  Life sure is so different!!!  Can't believe we have already reached this stage in our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment