Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Big Transition

This past weekend we made the decision to go ahead and buy Bennett his big boy bed.  Wow, we have already reached that milestone.  We haven't tried letting him sleep in it yet- that's another milestone in itself.  But for me, picking out his bed was bittersweet and fun at the same time.  We looked around locally at a few stores and found a couple beds but thought looking at Ikea would be fun so we waited before we bought anything.

Yesterday we rode up to Ikea and spent pretty much the whole day there looking around.  We found one bed but weren't completely sold on it.  But at that point it was the best one there.  We went down to the warehouse and were going to pick it out but were having a hard time finding it.  Thank goodness we didn't get that one because I'm happier with the one we ended up getting.  We went back upstairs and looked around some more and Jason really really wanted to get Bennett this one particular bed.  It took me a while to agree.  :)  It's a bunk bed, something I never thought we'd get.  But it's cute and, like Jason said, I think Bennett will really enjoy it and have fun with it.  The bottom part is completely on the floor, so we'll start him out on the bottom and when he's old enough, he can move up to the top and use the bottom area to play in.  We also bought him the canopy tent that fits on the top bunk.  I told Jason he could pick out that bed if I could pick out the bedding and accessories to go with it.  :)  So now I'm on the hunt for a cute comforter for him.  :)

Here are some pictures I found of the bed online.  Some people have done some pretty creative things with it.

This is the bones of the bed, minus the bottom mattress and the canopy tent
The really neat thing about this bed is that it can be flipped over to make a more traditional bed
And here are some pictures of what other people have done to the bed.  I'm getting some really cute ideas for Bennett.


This one is my favorite although it's 2 beds.  But they built a platform with storage and the curtains are very cute!!



I really hope Bennett loves this bed as much as his dad does  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment