Friday, October 7, 2011

A Day in the Life of.....

I thought I would post a "day in the life of" post because I'm sure my days will be different 5, 10, 25 and 50 years from now.  It will be interesting to look back and see how much easier or harder these days were.

5:30- I wake up to get ready for work (on the weekends my behind stays in the bed til peanut wakes up) Usually Jason is already up getting ready too.

Around 6:15 am- Bennett starts to stir- some mornings he'll sleep later but he's usually bright eyed and bushy tailed around this time (still sleeping in his big boy bed, going on 2 weeks now, 3 nights worth of completely sleeping through the night- yay!!!)  By this time I'm almost finished getting ready.  Jason usually walks upstairs to his room, changes his diaper, and brings him downstairs to get some milk (that boy loves his milk!)  Then he just plays- going from the living room to our bedroom- while the both of us finish getting ready.

6:30 am- I make us some cinnamon raisin toast, fix my chocolate milk, and find his sippy cup so we can sit down and eat.  We usually just eat in the living room- he'll come over periodically for a bite and then go back to playing.  I don't have to worry about making him a complete breakfast during the week because Mrs. Bertha feeds him breakfast once all the kids arrive at her house for the day.  But, I share my breakfast cause if there's food around Bennett wants to eat.  :)  Jason has usually left for work by now so it's just the 2 of us.

6:55 am- I gather all our stuff so we can get out the door- Bennett's sippy cup and bag, my large glass of water that I faithfully take to work but don't always drink completely, my purse, phone and keys.  We are ready to go!!

7:00 am- I'm at Mrs. Bertha's house ready to drop him off.  He'll go in and she usually gives him some cheerios to snack on before his big breakfast (most of the time he shares his bowl with Parker- his buddy at daycare).  I kiss him bye and now I'm off to work!!

7:15 am- I'm at work ready to start my day......

4:30 pm- The time I get off work varies greatly due to our schedule for the day.  I work at Dr. Markowitz office in the lab so we have to stay til the last patient is seen.  If we have a late patient that needs blood work, I have to stay later.  If not, I can usually get off between 4:15 and 4:30.  Sometimes I do have to stay til 5:00 though.  I'm off to get Bennett!!

4:45-5:00 pm- We get home and I let him play while we wait on Daddy to get home.  If I'm cooking dinner that night, I usually start it once Jason gets home.  If I'm lucky we go pick something up or if I'm even luckier, we go and eat at my mom's house!!  :)

6:00 pm- Usually we eat around 6:00, at the latest 6:30.  By this time Bennett is hungry and ready for some grub.  So we'll eat and I've just started giving him his toothbrush after he eats dinner to get those pearly whites brushed up.  It's just easier for him to sit in his high chair and brush them, rather than drag his toothbrush all around the house collecting germs!!

6:30-7:30 pm- We play!  Most of the time he wants to go O-U-T.  Last night we let him wander around outside.  He found some teenagers playing basketball and walked over there to join in on their game.  :)  It was so funny though- they stopped playing and talked to him and gave him the ball to hold.  Then we watched them play for a little bit.  That boy is not shy at all.  But I love taking him outside because he burns more energy that way.  :)  Or we'll run an errand- like to WalMart or Mommy's favorite, Target.

7:30 pm- Bath time!!  Time for that little monster to get cleaned up!  He loves to play in the bath tub so I make sure he gets cleaned from head to toe, then he's free to play until his little heart desires!  Jason takes over after he's out- drying him off, dressing him, and playing some more with him.

8:00-8:15 pm- We're heading upstairs to Bennett's room- it's time to sleep!!  Usually it takes him about 30 minutes to settle down and fall asleep.

8:45-9:30 pm- Mommy can relax!!  I usually check my mail and Facebook and maybe watch a show on TV before hitting the bed myself.  I'm in bed no later than 9:30.  Then it's time to start all over again!!  :)

Well, there it is, my pretty simple but busy schedule for the day.  Fridays I have the afternoons free to run errands or relax before picking Bennett up.  Today I went and had lunch with Mom and got my nails done for our family pictures tomorrow!!!!

I count my blessings though- I love my simple life and my little family.  God is good and I'm so thankful to have what I have!!  Now I'm off to get my Bennett!!!!  So glad it's FRIDAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment