Tuesday, January 22, 2013

14 weeks in the Blink of an Eye

The first 8 weeks were the slowest weeks of my life!  I guess I was anticipating the appointment so much that it seemed like it took forever to get here.  I just wanted to make sure the peanut's heartbeat was going strong!!  Since that appointment time has been flying by pretty quickly.  I am now 14 weeks along and had my second prenatal appointment yesterday.  Everything checked out great- lost a pound, blood pressure was good, and the heartbeat was still going strong.  No major concerns at this point and I hope that continues.  I'm showing quite a bit and now wear maternity clothes exclusively.  My nausea has subsided and I now have an appetite, which I'm enjoying!!  I have found that I get hungry right before bedtime now- sometimes I can satisfy my wants, sometimes I can't.  Like last night I wanted some french fries but decided to go to bed instead.  :)  I was very happy to have lost weight.  With Bennett I just kept gaining and gaining, over 50 pounds worth.  But, to my defense, most of it was fluid due to the preeclampsia and once Bennett was born the weight fell off.  Hopefully I can manage my weight gain with this one!! 

Everyone I have asked, or who has told me, thinks I'm having a girl.  Well, except one- Jason's dad thinks it's another boy.  In 6 weeks we go in for the big ultrasound and we'll find out.  Mommy's instinct is girl so we'll see if I'm right!  I cannot wait!  I have a feeling that these next 6 weeks are going to creep by just like the first 8 weeks did.  So in 6 weeks we'll be able to start the fun stuff- decorating!!  So exciting!!!

What's going on with Bennett these days??  Pretty much the same stuff.  He's finally getting his back molars in so he's been a bit of a crabby pants and hasn't really slept that great for the past week or so.  But it will pass and those little toofies will be in and he'll be feeling better.  I think he's having a growth spurt right now too because when he wakes up all he wants is a snack!  He'll go in for his 3 year well check in about 3 months so we'll see just how much he has grown. 

Oh, and he's been wearing big boy underwear the past 2 days!!  Sunday when I changed his diaper after breakfast he pulled up his pants without letting me put on another diaper, so I just went with it.  He did SO well Sunday wearing his underoos- I was SO proud!  He'd wet a little but then we'd run to the bathroom and he'd finish up on his potty.  He did poop in his underwear, but that's understandable.  I think we went through 7 pairs of underwear but I was just so pleased at how well he did.  Was not expecting it at all, which I guess is the best way.  Then last night when we got home I put some more on him and he went twice before bath without having an accident- and one time he was eating and realized he needed to go so we took care of business and went back to eating.  Can you tell I'm a little excited about this?!  This is the one thing that I have dreaded but hopefully it will turn out to be an easy transition for him and as stress free as possible for mommy!!  My goal is to have him trained by the time Baby #2 comes and I think we are headed in the right direction.

All in all, the Hamms are doing well- staying busy with our almost 3 year old and work, but trying to enjoy each day as they come.  We've got so much to be thankful for!! 

1 comment:

  1. so exciting! can't wait to find out what baby #2 will be! :)

    ReplyDelete