Monday, January 28, 2013

Bennett and the Potty: A Week in Review

So it's been a week before Bennett decided to just wear his pants without a diaper.  And I must say I have been pleasantly surprised with how well he's doing!!!  I knew I wanted him potty trained but just didn't know how to go about it, so the whole thing really stressed me out.  And when people say it just clicks with them, they are right!  I didn't prompt him to not wear his diapers anymore, he just did it on his own!  The first day we went through about 7 pairs of underwear because he'd wet them a little on the way to the bathroom, but since then we have had very little accidents!  We had 2 yesterday because we were outside so that took a little more thinking on his part, but he's learning and I'm so proud of my big boy.  Now we still wear diapers at naptime (even though yesterday he woke up with a dry diaper) and at night time, and we still haven't quite grasped the concept of pooping in the potty.  Those 3 things will come I'm sure, I'm just very pleased at the progress we have made in just the last week!!  We went to wearing diapers all the time to not needing them but to sleep!!  Oh, we also wear them in the car just in case he needs to go in transit.  I thought about getting another potty to keep in the car so we don't have to wear diapers in there anymore.  Has anyone done that??

I'm also very excited to know he might be completely diaper free by the time the new baby comes!!  We've got about 6 months so I think we are on the right track.  And me and my crazy self is considering using cloth diapers with the next one........

No comments:

Post a Comment