Friday, April 5, 2013

3 Weeks at Home

You know, it's kinda hard to believe it's been 3 weeks since I've actually gone to work.  It has gone fast and I honestly believe this was the best decision I've ever made.  Just wanted to give a little recap of my first 3 weeks!!

The first week was tough, not gonna lie.  It was fun but just tough.  Physically I was not prepared.  I was literally sore the first few days of being at home.  Chasing a 3 year old and being pregnant is not a good combination.  We spent the first week getting a little routine down and setting some boundaries.  The first week taught me patience and now I feel so good!!  I thought staying home was going to be a lot tougher than my actual 9 to 5 job, but I'm starting to see that may not be the case.  While it's tough and challenging at times, each week gets easier.  I can tell me being at home is going to be so beneficial for both me and Bennett.  Rushing in the mornings to get him to daycare and me at work on time, working all day, coming home to try to manage what needed to be done around the house and a tired and worn out 3 year old is not my idea of fun.  Now I have the time to be patient and keep the house in order and spend quality time with Bennett.  It's wonderful!!  I love it and I'm so thankful!!  

The days are going by faster now- the first week seemed to go by so slow!  Bennett wakes up anywhere between 6 and 7 and most days doesn't nap.  But that means he's in bed by 7:30 and then Jason and I can have some time to ourselves, which is nice.  I try to get up before he does and get ready for the day, but some days I sleep in with him.  Once he's up, I get him some milk and the iPad and he lays in bed while I get to the kitchen and cook breakfast and empty the dishwasher for the day.  We eat breakfast and usually let him have more iPad time and most days I can get a lot done around the house while he does that.  Then it's usually upstairs to play for a while, without the TV or iPad.  A couple days we have gotten together with some friends for play dates, which I love because that gets him out of the house and some friends to play with.  Then it's lunch and if it's a nice day we're outside for the afternoon.  And by that time, it's almost dinner time and the day is done!!  

I know all of this will change once the new baby gets here, but I'm loving it for what it is now.  Then we will overcome that hurdle later.  :)  

It's been a while since I've posted pics so I'll add a few here.























No comments:

Post a Comment