Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dear Bennett

Dear Bennett,

As I sit here and write, you are playing on the iPad, working it just like mommy and daddy do.  And I wonder how we have gotten to this point.  Time is flying and I can honestly say I want you to slow down just a little.  Wasn't it just yesterday that we were visiting the NICU every 3 hours to see you?  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was nursing you both day and night?  Wasn't it just yesterday that you were trying foods for the first time?  Wasn't it just yesterday that you were learning to walk, stumbling around so cutely trying to keep your balance?  Now look at you- you are so smart and talking so well!! I love you with all my heart and soon you will be a big brother to a little sister who will just adore you!!

I have now quit my job and spending all my time with you.  I love it.  It gives me more time to just see how much you are growing and to be patient with your occasional tantrums. :)  You are becoming so independent and have almost conquered the potty!  Very soon potty training will be a thing of the past, just another way you are growing too fast!  You love to go to the potty by yourself now- so independent! I am so thankful for this time with just you.  Soon your little sister will be here, which will require lots of work, but just know that I still love you with all my heart.  I can't wait to see what a great big brother you will be to little Leah.  

You love Mickey Mouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, milk, strawberries, cashews, grapes, bananas, doing puzzles, playing outside, and anything which involves physical activity.  You are a busy boy and always doing something.  But I know staying active has helped you become so smart!  You are very observant and nothing gets passed you.

Bennett, you will soon be 3 years old and Mommy just wants you to know that I love you more than anything!!  I wake up every day to take care of you, cook you food, keep you active, change poopy pants, all because I love you so much!  I look at you and I'm amazed at how beautiful you are- I could have never created anyone so beautiful.  God has truly blessed us with you.  You make me laugh and make me want to pull my hair out sometimes, but I want nothing but the best for you because you deserve it!  You are a wonderful little boy who is turning into a big boy right before my eyes!  I will never stop loving you, Bennett James Hamm.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment