Friday, February 12, 2010

28 Week Check

Today was my day scheduled to be off from work and so Jason decided to take the day off too. We had our check up at 8:15 this morning for my glucose tolerance testing. I was kinda nervous about taking it but was sure to pass. We get there and I drink the orange sugar water (which wasn't bad), find out that I had gained another 10 pounds, learn that my blood pressure was pretty good and then we go to see the doctor. We saw Dr. Estes, which we both REALLY like. (I'm kinda hoping he's the one who delivers little Bennett) I measure at 30 cm, which is right on track and the heartbeat sounds really good. We schedule our next appointment and sit back in the waiting room until our hour is up. The timer goes off and we make our way back to the lab. My finger gets pricked and I wait some more, only to hear the girl say, "You didn't pass your test, come this way to schedule your 3 hour glucose test.". I thought for sure she was kidding me. What made it even worse was my sugar was 142, 3 points above "normal". So I have to go on Feb. 22 at 6 am to sit through a 3 hour glucose test, where they will draw my blood every hour to check the levels. I am praying I pass this time. I was upset about the whole ordeal but am feeling better now. We go back on Feb. 26 for our regular check up.

On a side note, we finally bought the paint for the nursery in hopes that we'll get it painted this weekend. With the snow coming, we might actually get it done!! Baby Bennett is moving a lot and starting to get stronger. Jason has felt him and seen him move. It's hard to believe I'm 28 weeks and only have 12 more weeks!!

That's all for now, I'll post again after my next glucose test. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment