Thursday, September 8, 2011

So What's Going On?

I know I just updated the blog with Bennett's 16 month update, but just seems like he's already done some changing since then!  :)  Here are just a few things I want to get down before I forget.....


  • Bennett is starting to say more.  While he doesn't have the widest variety, he is progressing so that makes mommy happy.  Here's the list as of today:
    • Hey (sounds like the Fonz when he says it)
    • Thank You (sounds like tank schoo)
    • Uh Oh
    • Mama
    • Dada
    • Ball
    • Baby- he actually saw a baby on TV last night and said Baby!  
  • Bennett LOVES to be outside.  He loves walking around, watching the neighbors kids run around- just being out there.  He hates to come inside, which makes it hard when we have to for bath and bed time.  I don't mind it though- let him run wild outside and get some of that energy out!  Speaking of energy- he seems to have a ginormous amount, while I seem to be lacking.  He is constantly doing something.  He does not sit down for longer than a minute before he's off playing with another toy or getting into something he's not supposed to play with.  :)  Can I just have a little of what he has?  :)  We just recently bought bikes and a trailer to pull Bennett with.  Greatest purchase ever.  I look forward to our nightly bike ride around the block.  It's fun and it's exercise for me!  Bennett seems to love being pulled behind daddy too!  I want to try out the bike trails at Saluda Shoals!  
  • Teething is by far the worst part of parenthood (at least so far).  It just plain stinks!  Bennett is not a good teether.  This time around it's making him irritable and just fussy ALL the time.  Not to mention the long nights of his restlessness.  Wish all those teeth would just pop right in so we'd be done with it, but no, they are taking their sweet little time.  And he gets them ONE at a time.  It's like he'll get one tooth after a week of exhaustion on our part, then we'll have a short break, then another one comes right along, again.  Right now he has 9 teeth.  He's got the 4 on tope and the 4th one on the bottom just popped in today, and he's got what looks like a molar on the right side.  Who knows what other teeth are working their way out.  
  • I think we are working our way towards the terrible twos!  His fussiness is probably a combination of teething and that wonderful stage.  :) He's gotten to the age where he knows what he wants and he wants it NOW!  :)  Mommy isn't fast enough or sometimes it just doesn't suit to give him what he wants.  And when he can't do something or he gets stuck or can't reach something, he gets mad and throws a fit.  I'm trying to reason with him and teach him how to do things and to keep trying or ask mommy for help, so hopefully that will work.  We'll see.....  ;)  
  • I can't believe I am already thinking about Bennett's 2nd birthday.  I know he's only 16 months and still has 8 more months before birthday #2 comes along, but I've been trying to think of something fun and cute to do.  Pretty soon I'll be taking "first day of school" pictures.  :)
  • I wish I had a stylist who could pick out our clothes for our family pictures coming up next month.  I'm already stressing about what everyone will be wearing.  I know in the end it won't matter, I just want them to be perfect!  Guess I better start looking unless someone wants to volunteer......  ;)
There's my short list of what's on my mind.  Exciting, huh?  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment