Monday, September 28, 2009

8 weeks and 1 day

Today I am 8 weeks and 1 day. I knew I wouldn't be as far along as I thought but that's ok. We had our first appointment today, which was very exciting. The doctor came in and did all the routine things and said she would grab her dinosaur ultrasound machine and let us see our baby (an ultrasound at 8 weeks isn't routine). So we were just excited to get to see him with her old machine. At the very end, with the end frame on the screen, she kept looking at it and said, let's just let you go next door and get an ultrasound with a new machine just to make sure there's not 2 in there. She said she was 95% sure there was just one but the last picture looked suspicious. So we got an actual ultrasound done, with pictures and a DVD! It confirmed we are just having 1. We saw his little heartbeat, which was measuring at 164 bpm, which was good. I was relieved to see his heartbeat and know all is well. We go back on Oct. 30 for our next visit and I can't wait for that one either!! At that one we'll listen to his heartbeat again with the doppler. Here's our little bean's first pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment