Saturday, July 20, 2013

39 weeks and waiting.....

Just a quick update on Miss Leah. Apparently she's not ready to enter the world, but her Mommy sure is. I've been having a lot of pelvic pain the last few weeks and the last week and a half have been the worst. But I'm trying to stay patient for her perfect arrival!!

We went to the doctor last Thursday, July 18, 39 weeks and 1 day. It was a little more of a complicated appointment. She measured me at 40 weeks, which isn't unusual since I've measured ahead the whole time, I was 3 to 4 centimeters dilated and she said Leah was still pretty high. We talked a bit about my blood pressure being up a little and then she mentioned that she thought Leah might be too big for me to deliver naturally (since I was dilated but she hadn't dropped) and thought the best option was a C-section. My heart sank.  I was a little shocked and didn't want to even hear that word. So she ordered an ultrasound to get an estimate of her weight. While I was ecstatic to see Leah again (and to confirm she is still a girl), I was just a little nervous. But, she measured 8 pounds 1 ounce, which to me isn't big at all. I mean, I was 8 pounds 5 ounces and Jason was 10 pounds 2 ounces. After the ultrasound we met back with the doctor and she left it in my court. I chose to wait and get checked again on Monday. Praying she has dropped and is ready!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment